This page exists primarily for The Wife. Invariably, around my birthday or Christmas, she asks what I want and I can’t think of anything to tell her. So here’s a running list of stuff I would like.
The links provided are just to show you the product. Most everything on this list is available through multiple retailers and probably for less than the example I linked to.
- A hard-sided bag/briefcase like this or even this (I’m very done with soft-sided messenger bags)
- Tickets for Tuesday night Giants games (just one per game and whatever’s cheapest – all the seats are good)
- 16×20 “I love you Texas” print
- Field Notes 3-packs
- Fisher Bullet Space Pen with Clip
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
- Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates: The Forgotten War That Changed American History by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
- A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal by Ben Macintyre
- Aggie Band Centennial CD – Not available on iTunes. Shocking.
- Sutro Tower tie – Any color will work.
- Olsen Field at Night art print or the Historical Aggie Baseball print – I need stuff to put up on the walls in my office, yo.
- Bookmark weight – So I can read like a boss (with no hands).
Not Wii-U. Or any other kind of gaming system that an actual grown-up might own.
XBox 360 Games
Not XBox One. We just don’t do current generation consoles at our house apparently.
Books – James Bond
If it’s not listed below, I already own a copy.
- From Russia, with Love by Ian Fleming
- Dr. No by Ian Fleming
- For Your Eyes Only by Ian Fleming
- The Spy Who Loved Me by Ian Fleming
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service by Ian Fleming
- You Only Live Twice by Ian Fleming
- The Man with the Golden Gun by Ian Fleming
- Octopussy and The Living Daylights by Ian Fleming
Books – History
- 31 Days: The Crisis That Gave Us the Government We Have Today by Barry Werth
- The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad by Harrison E. Salisbury
- The Affirmative Action Empire: Nations and Nationalism in the Soviet Union, 1923-1939 by Terry Martin
- Blind Man’s Bluff: The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage by Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew
- Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Incident, and the Illusion of Safety by Eric Schlosser
- Empire of Nations: Ethnographic Knowledge and the Making of the Soviet Union by Francine Hirsch
- Energiya-Buran: The Soviet Space Shuttle by Bart Hendrickx and Bert Vis
- Hatless Jack: The President, the Fedora and the History of American Style by Neil Steinberg
- A History of Britain, Volume II: The Wars of the British 1603-1776 by Simon Schama
- A History of Britain, Volume III: The Fate of Empire 1776-2000 by Simon Schama
- Lenin’s Tomb: The Last Days of the Soviet Empire by David Remnick
- The London Underground by Douglas Rose
- The Longest Night: The Bombing of London on May 10, 1941 by Gavin Mortimer
- Lost Moon: The Perilous Voyage of Apollo 13 by Jeffrey Kluger and James Lovell
- Moby-Duck: The True Story of 28,000 Bath Toys Lost at Sea by Donovan Hohn
- The Nazis Next Door by Eric Lichtblau
- Oh, Waiter! One Order of Crow! Inside the Strangest Presidential Election Finish in American History by Jeff Greenfield
- The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House by Kate Anderson Brower
- Resurrection by David Remnick
- Rough Crossings: Britain, Slaves and the American Revolution by Simon Schama
- Sutro’s Glass Palace by John A. Martini
- Ten Days That Shook the World by John Reed
- Underground London: Travels Beneath the City Streets by Stephen Smith
- White House Ghosts: Presidents and Their Speechwriters by Robert Schlesinger
- Without Precedent: The Inside Story of the 9/11 Commission by Thomas H. Kean and Lee H. Hamilton
Books – Baseball
- In the Best Interests of Baseball? Governing the National Pastime by Andrew Zimbalist
- Game Six: Cincinnati, Boston and the 1975 World Series The Triumph of America’s Pastime by Mark Frost
- The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty: The Game, The Team, and the Cost of Greatness by Buster Olney
- Making Airwaves: 60+ Years at Milo’s Microphone by Milo Hamilton and Dan Schlossberg
- A Nice Little Place on the North Side: Wrigley Field at One Hundred by George Will
- A Six-Gun Salute: An Illustrated History of the Houston Colt .45s by Robert Reed
- The Stark Truth: The Most Overrated and Underrated Players in Baseball History by Jayson Stark
- Split Season: 1981: Fernandomania, the Bronx Zoo, and the Strike That Saved Baseball by Jeff Katz
- Venezuelan Bust, Baseball Boom: Andres Reiner and Scouting on the New Frontier by Milton H. Jamail
Books – Other
- Blog Wars: The New Political Battleground by David D. Perlmutter
- A Book of Walks by Bruce Bochy
- Doctor Who: The Writer’s Tale by Russell T. Davis and Benjamin Cook
- Madden: A Biography by Bryan Burwell
- Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety by Daniel B. Smith
- Our Dumb World: The Onion’s Atlas of the Planet Earth, 73rd Edition by The Onion
- The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification by Julian Montague
- Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN by James A. Miller